Add Unallocated Space to C Drive Windows 8
Do you want to add unallocated space to C drive when it reports low disk space warning on Windows 8? Unallocated space is a volume that has not been formatted and your computer usually cannot write any data to this volume. Therefore, you can add unallocated space to any other partition on the same hard drive on Windows 8 if you receive low disk space alert message on C drive.
Situations That You Can Add Unallocated Space to C Drive to Resolve Problem on Windows 8
Usually, you can add unallocated space to C drive on Windows 8 to resolve problem when you run into following situations:
1. When you boot your computer, Windows 8 always says that C drive is running on low disk space and asks you to delete unnecessary files to free up disk space. In this situation, deleting files cannot resolve problem thoroughly, so you can add unallocated space to extend C drive on Windows 8.
2. PC fails to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10 since there is not enough free space on system partition. Since the release of Windows 10, Microsoft allows Windows 8 users to upgrade their operating system to Windows 10 for free. Many Windows 8 users would like to do so, but they fail to complete the upgrading since system partition runs out of disk space on Windows 8. In this situation, you can also add unallocated space to system partition to ensure that it has enough available space for OS update.
3. If the C drive shows red bar on Windows 8 and your computer runs more and more slowly, you also need to add unallocated space to c drive to resolve the problem. In addition, Windows 8 might often stop responding or freeze up when C drive has insufficient space.
Creating Unallocated Space for C Drive with Windows 8 Disk Management
You can perform many tasks on Windows 8 Disk Management, while shrinking volume is a common feature under Disk Management in Windows 8. You just need to select a partition that still has lots of available space and shrink it, after which you can get some unallocated space.
Tip: You can shrink more than one partition to create unallocated space.
Create Unallocated Space for C Partition by Deleting Partition in Windows 8
Suppose there is an empty partition on Windows 8 and you have never stored any data to this partition, do you want to add the space of this partition to C drive when it is running out of disk space? In this situation, you just need to delete this empty partition in Windows 8 Disk Management, after which the deleted partition will show as unallocated volume. When you delete a partition, all data will be erased at the same time. Therefore, you had better not perform this operation if there is no empty partition on Windows 8.
Free to Add Unallocated Space to Windows 8 System Partition
With existing unallocated space, you can free to add the unallocated space to system partition on Windows 8 with either of following methods:
1. If the unallocated space is contiguous to system partition, you can right click system partition under Disk Management in Windows 8 and click "Extend Volume" option to add the unallocated space to system partition.
2. If the existing unallocated space is not contiguous to system partition, you need to rely on partition software to move the unallocated space close to the system partition and then add the space to the system partition. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a free partition manger for Windows 8, which enables you to shrink partition, move partition and extend partition.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- free merge unallocated space to system partition in windows 10 - freeware for adding unallocated space to system partition on windows 10...Read more >>
- how to free up disk space on windows 10 - free up disk space when windows 10 reports low disk space on system partition...Read more >>
- windows 10 redistribute disk space - how can you redistribute disk space for free without repartitioning disk on windows 10...Read more >>
- windows 10 diskpart extend volume - free increase size of disk partition on windows 10 with built-in diskpart command...Read more >>
- free to shrink move windows 10 partition - free partition software for windows 10 to shrink volume and move unallocated space...Read more >>
- free partition software for hard drive in windows 10 - free download partition software to resize the hard drive space without reinstalling windows 10...Read more >>
- how to manage system partition in windows 10 - manage disk space on system partition on Windows 10 when it runs out of disk space...Read more >>
- windows 8 partition software - free partition software download for windows 8 to partition hard drive when there is not enough free space...Read more >>
- windows 8 disk management - windows 8 disk management to free manage disk space on windows 8 without relying on software...Read more >>
- how to resize partition under windows 8 - partition software to free resize partition to create new volume, extend volume on windows 8... Read more>>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.