Free to Delete OEM Partition in Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP
Do you want to delete OEM partition on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP since you want to add its space to another partition?
What is OEM partition?
OEM partition is a partition that is usually available in Lenovo, HP and Dell. Generally speaking, you may feel that OEM partition is not useful until you run into problem like system crash or system failures on your computer. If there is an OEM partition on your computer, you can restore your PC to factory settings or perform system recovery when you meet any PC problems.
Why Delete OEM Partition on Windows?
OEM partition offers a good chance for PC users to restore their computer back to original state to fix some terrible PC issues. However, sometimes you may want to delete the OEM partition on Windows PC due to following reasons:
1. OEM partition is not active, which is not visible on the My Computer on Windows. Therefore, you cannot write data to this partition. You probably want to delete the OEM partition since you do not think it is necessary to remain such an inactive partition on your computer.
2. You do not think that you need to restore Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or Windows XP back to factory settings, so you want to delete the OEM partition.
3. Usually, OEM partition contains some available space. You may want to delete the partition so that you can get some unallocated space to add it to another partition on your computer that is running out of disk space.
Disk Management Grayed out to Delete OEM Partition on Win 10 8 7 Vista XP
When saying delete partition on Windows, almost everybody thinks that it is an easy thing. Usually, you just need to open Disk Management and then right click the partition you want to delete and select Delete Volume (on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista) or Delete Partition (on Windows XP) option so that you can delete the selected partition. However, Windows Disk Management only allows you to delete the data partition. Disk Management will gray out if you want to run it to delete an OEM partition under any Windows platform. Probably, you may only see Help option after right clicking an OEM partition on PC.
Diskpart to Delete OEM Partition in Windows
There is another utility on Windows, which enables you to delete OEM partition on your computer. This utility is Diskpart command line.
Now, follow the steps below to delete OEM partition on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 ,10 by running Diskpart command line:
Step1. Press Win + R keys (or click Start button on taskbar and then click Run) to launch Run dialog box. Then type diskpart.exe in the box and click OK button.
Step2. Type list disk and press Enter key so that it will show all disks on your computer.
Step3. Go to Disk Management to check which disk the OEM partition is located on. Here, you can see that OEM partition is under Disk 2.
Step4. Type select disk 2 and press Enter key
Step5. Type list partition and press Enter key so that it will show partitions under disk 2.
Step6. Make it clear which partition the OEM partition stands for (for example, partition 1). Type select partition 1 and press Enter key.
Step7. Type delete partition override to delete the OEM partition.
Free to Delete OEM Partition on Windows with Partition Software
For most users, Diskpart command is not a good choice to delete OEM partition because it is usually difficult to handle. If so, you can use free partition software to easily delete OEM partition. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a partition manger for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, which helps delete OEM partition in a few simple steps.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- how to fix low disk space warning in windows 7 - how can you resolve the problem when windows 7 says low disk space warning...Read more >>
- windows 7 extend volume grayed out - solution for partition increasing when extend volume is grayed out on windows 7...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition c on windows 7 - what is the solution for system partition size increasing on windows 7...Read more >>
- free to increase size of partition on windows 7 - increasing size of system partition, data volume on windows 7 for free...Read more >>
- how to create a partition in windows 7 - free download partition magic for windows 7 to create new volumes on windows 7...Read more >>
- windows 7 local disk c is running out of space - fix issue when windows 7 reports that local disk drive c is running on low disk space...Read more >>
- how to delete a windows 7 partition - partition software download to delete volume on windows 7 without using disk management...Read more >>
- partition software for windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system - partition manager free download to resize disk on windows 7 32 and 64 bit...Read more >>
- add unallocated space to system partition windows 7 - how do you add unallocated space to system partition when windows 7 runs low on c...Read more >>
- expand c drive windows 7 vmware - free to expand the size of system partition c drive in vmware on windows 7...Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.