Free to Merge Unallocated Space to C Drive without Losing Data on Windows
How to free merge unallocated space to C drive so that you can increase the size of C partition on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP without losing any previous data on the hard disk? Windows uses usually like to divide a new hard drive into several partitions when installing it on their computer. Once you have divided a hard drive and format each partition successfully, you can no longer change the size of each partition unless you repartition the hard disk. However, sometimes you may want to extend C drive by merging unallocated space to it on your Windows computer. Is it possible to perform such a task without losing any data on your computer?
Merge Unallocated Space to C Drive on Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista
Usually, you may need to merge unallocated space to C drive on your computer because there is not enough free space on this partition, so you want to add some unallocated space to it to resolve C drive low disk space problem on Windows. If your PC runs Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista, you can accomplish the operation under Disk Management.
You may be interested in:
- How to access Windows 10 Disk Management
- How to enter Windows 8 Disk Management
- Methods to open Windows 7 Disk Management
Although you cannot merge unallocated space with C drive directly since there is no Merge partition option under Disk Management of Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, you can add unallocated space to C drive by using its Extend Volume function.
To merge unallocated space to C drive with Disk Management Extend Volume function, you should make sure that the unallocated space is contiguous to the C partition under Disk Management. Then, you can right click C drive and choose Extend Volume option. Finally, you can select to add the entire unallocated space or specify only some unallocated space to extend C drive.
How to get unallocated space on Windows 7 8 10 Vista?
There is no existing unallocated space on your computer when you want to add some to increase the size of C drive? For Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista users, you can create unallocated space by shrinking partition on Disk Management.
Add Unallocated Space to System Partition on Windows XP without Data Loss
If your PC runs Windows XP operating system, it will be more complex to merge unallocated space to system partition because Windows XP Disk Management has no function of merge partition or extend partition. You have to reinstall operating system and repartition hard disk. Usually, you should backup the hard drive first of all because system reinstalling and disk repartition will erase all data stored on the disk.
Merge Unallocated Space with C Drive without Data Loss in Windows
As mentioned above, it has some limitations and disadvantages whether you rely on Disk Management to add unallocated space to C drive or extend C drive by reinstalling Windows XP system. Then, is there any easy way to merge unallocated space with C drive without reinstalling system or erasing any data? Then answer is positive! What you need is to rely on a partition tool for Windows. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a partition manger, which is able to be compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. Therefore, you can use this partition magic software to add unallocated space to system partition so that you can increase the size of this partition without reinstalling system or losing any data on your computer.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- how to fix low disk space warning in windows 7 - how can you resolve the problem when windows 7 says low disk space warning...Read more >>
- windows 7 extend volume grayed out - solution for partition increasing when extend volume is grayed out on windows 7...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition c on windows 7 - what is the solution for system partition size increasing on windows 7...Read more >>
- free to increase size of partition on windows 7 - increasing size of system partition, data volume on windows 7 for free...Read more >>
- how to create a partition in windows 7 - free download partition magic for windows 7 to create new volumes on windows 7...Read more >>
- windows 7 local disk c is running out of space - fix issue when windows 7 reports that local disk drive c is running on low disk space...Read more >>
- how to delete a windows 7 partition - partition software download to delete volume on windows 7 without using disk management...Read more >>
- partition software for windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system - partition manager free download to resize disk on windows 7 32 and 64 bit...Read more >>
- add unallocated space to system partition windows 7 - how do you add unallocated space to system partition when windows 7 runs low on c...Read more >>
- expand c drive windows 7 vmware - free to expand the size of system partition c drive in vmware on windows 7...Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.