How to Resize Disk Partition on Windows XP 32 and 64 Bit
How can you resize hard disk on Windows XP 32 or 64 bit so as to reallocate disk space more reasonably or fix the low disk space problem on system partition? Windows XP 32 bit and 64 bit are two different versions of Windows XP operating system. Usually, Windows XP 64 bit has a better performance than Windows XP 32 bit version, but they have the same functions. Therefore, you can perform the same operation whether you want to resize partition on Windows XP 32 bit or 64 bit.
Situations to Resize Partition on Windows XP 32 & 64 Bit
Resizing partition is a process to reallocate disk space to each or some partitions on your computer. Therefore, you may want to resize hard disk on Windows XP 32 & 64 bit in following situations:
Situation 1: System partition runs out of disk space on Windows XP
You receive low disk space warning message on system partition on 32 or 64 bit version of Windows XP operating system? You may be asked to delete some old or unnecessary files to free up C drive space when receiving the alert message, but it is usually useless to fix the problem thoroughly. In order to fix the system partition low disk space problem on Windows XP 32 / 64 bit, you way decide to resize hard disk and reallocate more space to C partition.
Situation 2: Create a new partition on Windows XP
You may want to resize partition on Windows XP 32 or 64 bit because there is only one or two partition on your computer. You want to create new partition on Windows XP by resizing the hard disk on your computer.
Situation 3: Disk space was allocated unreasonably
Do you think that the disk space was allocated unreasonably on Windows XP? When installing the hard drive on your computer, you may allocate too much space to one partition and then only allocate a little space to another partition. Therefore, you may want to resize hard drive in order to reallocate the space to each partition reasonably on your computer that runs Windows XP 32 or 64 bit.
Free to Redistribute Disk in 32 / 64 Bit Windows XP
Windows XP does not have any built-in partition magic software for disk partition resizing. If you want to redistribute disk space whether on 32 bit or 64 bit in Windows XP, you may free to delete some or all partitions on your computer.
1. You can delete any partition except system partition under Windows XP Disk Management.
2. The deleted partition (s) will show as unallocated space under Disk Management on Windows XP computer.
3. You can repartition the unallocated space and create new partition on Windows XP.
Backup your data stored on each partition before deleting. Otherwise, you may lose everything on your computer.
Resize Partition for Windows XP 32 & 64 Bit with Freeware
Without deleting any partition, you can resize partition on Windows XP 32 and 64 bit by using free partition software for Windows XP. IM-Magic Partition Magic Resizer Free is able to work on all Windows OS, so you can use it to reallocate disk space on Windows XP. Usually, you can use this free partition tool to shrink partition, move partition and extend partition so as to reallocate disk space on your computer. With this software, you are able to resize hard drive on Windows XP 32 / 64 bit without reinstalling system or deleting any partition. Usually, you can use this software to extend system partition because deleting partition on Windows XP cannot help increase size of system partition.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- how to fix low disk space warning in windows 7 - how can you resolve the problem when windows 7 says low disk space warning...Read more >>
- windows 7 extend volume grayed out - solution for partition increasing when extend volume is grayed out on windows 7...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition c on windows 7 - what is the solution for system partition size increasing on windows 7...Read more >>
- free to increase size of partition on windows 7 - increasing size of system partition, data volume on windows 7 for free...Read more >>
- how to create a partition in windows 7 - free download partition magic for windows 7 to create new volumes on windows 7...Read more >>
- windows 7 local disk c is running out of space - fix issue when windows 7 reports that local disk drive c is running on low disk space...Read more >>
- how to delete a windows 7 partition - partition software download to delete volume on windows 7 without using disk management...Read more >>
- partition software for windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system - partition manager free download to resize disk on windows 7 32 and 64 bit...Read more >>
- add unallocated space to system partition windows 7 - how do you add unallocated space to system partition when windows 7 runs low on c...Read more >>
- expand c drive windows 7 vmware - free to expand the size of system partition c drive in vmware on windows 7...Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.