Make and Add Unallocated Space to System Partition in Windows XP
Do you want to make unallocated space on Windows XP so that you can add it to extend the size of system partition? Unallocated space usually refers to the partition that has not been formatted, so you need to shrink a partition if you want to get some unallocated space on Windows XP. This article will share all ways to create unallocated space and add it to system partition C drive on Windows XP.
How to Make Unallocated Space on Windows XP?
If you want to create unallocated space on Windows XP, you usually have two choices:
1. Delete a partition on Windows XP under Disk Management
2. Squeeze unallocated space from other partitions by using partition software
Method 1: Delete partition to make unallocated space on Windows XP
Usually, you can use this method if there are many partitions on your Windows XP computer. First of all, you should move all data from the partition you want to delete to another partition. Of course, you can remain the data on the partition if it is not important to you. What you should know is that all data will be deleted immediately when you delete the partition on your computer. After moving all data to another partition or storage media, you can open Windows XP Disk Management and delete the partition. The deleted partition will show as unallocated space once the delete is finished on Windows XP.
Method 2: Squeeze unallocated space from partition by using partition software
If you can use a partition magic tool, it will be easier to get unallocated space by squeezing free space from other partition on the same hard disk.
Add Unallocated Space to Windows XP System Partition
Usually, you may want to create and add unallocated space to system partition on Windows XP because it reports low disk space warning on C drive. You also have two choices to add unallocated space to C drive on Windows XP:
1. Add unallocated space to extend system partition with Windows XP Disk Management
With existing unallocated space on Windows XP, you can add it to expand the size of system partition by opening Disk Management in Windows XP. Windows XP Disk Management is grayed out and fails to extend partition when you attempt to adding the unallocated space? In this situation, you should check if the unallocated space is contiguous to the system partition. You will fail to move the unallocated space to C partition if the unallocated space is not adjacent to it. If you meet this problem, you can do following things:
Solution 1: If you want to extend C drive with unallocated space, you had better delete D drive (which shows behind C drive) to create unallocated space. Thus, the unallocated space will show close to C drive.
Solution 2: If the unallocated space has been created and shows not contiguous to system partition, you can run partition manager to move the unallocated space close to the system partition.
2. Windows XP partition software to move unallocated space to system partition
Windows XP partition software provides an easy way to add the unallocated space to increase the size of system partition.
Partition Tool for Windows XP to Create and Add Unallocated Space for C Drive
As mentioned above, you can create and add unallocated space for C drive on Windows XP by using partition tool. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is such a free and useful partition tool that is compatible with Windows XP 32 & 64 bit operating system. Therefore, you can use it to redistribute disk space on Windows XP when there is insufficient space on system partition.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- how to fix low disk space warning in windows 7 - how can you resolve the problem when windows 7 says low disk space warning...Read more >>
- windows 7 extend volume grayed out - solution for partition increasing when extend volume is grayed out on windows 7...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition c on windows 7 - what is the solution for system partition size increasing on windows 7...Read more >>
- free to increase size of partition on windows 7 - increasing size of system partition, data volume on windows 7 for free...Read more >>
- how to create a partition in windows 7 - free download partition magic for windows 7 to create new volumes on windows 7...Read more >>
- windows 7 local disk c is running out of space - fix issue when windows 7 reports that local disk drive c is running on low disk space...Read more >>
- how to delete a windows 7 partition - partition software download to delete volume on windows 7 without using disk management...Read more >>
- partition software for windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system - partition manager free download to resize disk on windows 7 32 and 64 bit...Read more >>
- add unallocated space to system partition windows 7 - how do you add unallocated space to system partition when windows 7 runs low on c...Read more >>
- expand c drive windows 7 vmware - free to expand the size of system partition c drive in vmware on windows 7...Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.