Resize NTFS Partition Windows Server 2003
This page will introduce how to extend or shrink an NTFS disk partition when it is lacking of free disk space on Windows Server 2003.
Server 2003 Partition Resizer Download
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server to extend or shrink NTFS partition on Windows Server 2003 without rebooting the computer or reinstalling system.
Windows 2003 NTFS Partition Resizing
NTFS is a default file system of disk partitions on Windows operating system. Both system partition and data partition can be in NTFS file system. Sometimes, you may need to resize an NTFS disk partition. If you want to resize an NTFS partition on Windows Server 2003, IM-Magic Partition Resizer is able to help you extend or shrink NTFS partition without restarting computer or reformatting the hard disk. This partition manager works as partition magic to resize disk partition on all Windows Server operating system.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server for all Windows Server OS.
Steps to Resize NTFS Partition on Server 2003
How to redistribute disk space in Windows Server 2003
Download, install and run IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server on your computer. Right click a partition that still has lots of free disk space and choose "Resize/Move" option.
Move the arrow to shrink the selected partition. Then the free disk space will be shown as an unallocated volume.
Shrink other large partition to produce free space for C drive
Move the unallocated volume close to the partition you want to extend. Right click this partition and choose "Resize/Move" option.
Right click c drive to get started with extending c
Move the arrow to increase the size of selected partition and then click "Apply" button.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server Edition
Users That Need to Resize Disk Partition on Windows Server 2003
User1: I got a problem on my computer which runs Windows Server 2003 operating system. There are two partitions on my computer including a system partition and a data partition. Now the problem is that the system partition only has about 5GB free disk space, but I want to install some programs on this partition. There is a lot of free disk space on the data partition. So I am wondering if I can allocate some free disk space from the data partition to the system partition without restalling system or repartitioning the hard disk.
User2: Hello, I want to know how I can extend an NTFS partition on Windows SBS 2003 without reformatting the hard disk because a lot of important files are stored on the hard disk. I don’t want to reinstalling system or repartition the hard disk either. Can somebody give me a clue? A lot of thanks!
Extend NTFS System Partition on Windows Server 2003
A system partition might be in NTFS file system or FAT32 file system on Windows 2003. System partition is always important on a computer, because it contains almost all data which is related to your operating system. In addition, all programs you installed on your PC might also be stored on system partition. Therefore, many files stored on the system partition are not permitted to be deleted or moved. You may be not allowed to format a system partition either unless you employ a professional format tool. In this situation, you will need to rely on a third-party partition tool like IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server to reallocate the disk space without reformatting or repartitioning the hard disk.
1. Even if you can format a system partition, you may risk losing important data on the partition after formatting.
2. If you want to redistribute the disk space by repartitioning the hard disk, you need to backup all important data from the hard disk to an external device. It is waste of time and inconvenient.
3. Deleting or moving files from system partition cannot solve the problem thoroughly.
Extend NTFS Data Partition in Server 2003
Data partition is usually in NTFS file system. It is much easier and convenient to format a data partition, or delete and move files from a data partition. In another word, you may easily free a data partition by deleting or moving unnecessary files, or you can even format the data partition to erase everything on the partition. However, no solution can be much easier than extending the partition with help of partition magic software. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server allows you to extend a disk partition on Windows Server 2003 without deleting or moving any data from original location.
Shrink NTFS Partition Windows 2003
Probably you know, when you want to extend a disk partition, you can only squeeze some free disk space from another partition on the same disk. Therefore, you always need to shrink a partition first to produce some free disk space before you can extend a partition. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server has the function of shrinking an NTFS partition effectively without deleting data from the disk. The free space created by shrinking the partition will be shown as unallocated volume and you can add the free space to the partition you want to extend easily with a few mouse clicks.
For Windows Server all versions ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server
More Related Articles You May Like
- extend partition windows 64bit - you can extend system partition or data partitio on windows server 64 bit operating system including server and other...Read more >>
- server 2003 boot partition resizing- boot partition is quite important on a computer especially server computer, so you need to extend a boot partition.... Read more >>
- extend primary partition windows 2003- free download partition software to extend system partition when it runs on low disk space on windows server 2003... Read more >>
- western digital hard disk partition magic- if you want to resize a western digital hard disk on windows 2003, you may use the professional partition magic software... Read more >>
- disk partition software download- do you wanto resize a disk partition? You can rely on a third-partition magnic tool to get teh partition expanded or shrinked... Read more >>
- c drive running out of space on server 2003 - partition software to resize c drive when it is running out of disk space on windows server 2003...Read more >>
- extending c drive windows server 2003 - if you want to extend c drive on server 2003, you need rely on third-party partition magic...Read more >>
- western digital hard dsik partition magic free download - partition magic for western digital hard disk drive partition resizing on windows server or windows xp/7/8...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition on windows 2003 - in this article, a professional partition software will be introduced to windows server 2003 users... Read more >>
- Increase size of sbs 2003 system partition - when c drive is running out of disk space on sbs 2003, you can increase the size of c drive with partition software... Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.