Windows XP Partition Tool
You want to repartition hard drive to mange disk space on Windows XP? Windows XP Disk Management has some basic function such as formatting partition, deleting partition, change drive letter and paths, etc. However, what if you want to resize hard drive to reallocate disk space on Windows XP? For example, you may want to move some free space from another partition to C drive on Windows XP since the C partition reports low disk space warning message. You may need to use partition tool to resize hard drive on Windows XP if you do not want to lose or delete any data from the disk.
Situations That Windows XP Disk Repartition
Usually, you may want to repartition hard disk on Windows XP in following situations:
1. System partition runs out of disk space on Windows XP, so you want to repartition hard disk to fix the problem.
2. There are two many partitions on your computer, so you want to repartition the hard disk to merge some partitions so that you can reduce the number of partitions on your computer.
3. There is only one or two partitions on your computer, so you want to partition hard disk on Windows XP to create new partition.
4. You may want to partition hard drive on Windows XP in more other situations.
How to Partition Hard Drive on Windows XP without Software?
Unlike Windows 7, 8, 10, you cannot resize hard drive by shrinking partition and extend partition under Disk Management. Therefore, you have to repartition hard drive if you want to reallocate disk space on Windows XP computer. Without relying on any partition software, you may follow the guide below to partition hard drive on Windows XP under Disk Management:
Step1. You can access Disk Management on Windows XP. Then, right click a partition and click Delete Partition to delete the selected partition so that you can get some unallocated space.
Step2. Right click another partition and click Delete Partition to delete one more partition to get some unallocated space again.
Step3. Usually, the two deleted partition will show as an unallocated partition. Now, you can right click the unallocated partition and click New Partition.
Step4. You need to specify partition size to the new partition. Usually, you can specify the total space of the unallocated partition to the new partition so as to create a new partition. Or you can only specify some space to the new partition and leave some unallocated space to create one more partition.
Step5. Assign a drive letter to the new partition and then wait the system to format it.
Usually, you can create one or more new partition under Windows XP Disk Management. If you want to redistribute disk space on the whole hard disk, you need to delete all partitions (except system partition) on the hard disk. After deleting all partitions on Windows XP, you will see an unallocated partition in Disk Management. Then, you can follow the guide above to create new partition and allocate reasonable disk space to each partition.
You need to move all important data to another device before deleting partitions on your computer because all data will be deleted after deleting the partition.
Free Partition Tool for Windows XP
If you want to partition hard drive on Windows XP without losing any data, you can use partition tool for Windows XP. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a free partition manger for Windows PC, so you can use it to reallocate disk space on Windows XP. With this partition tool, you can add increase size of system partition by adding unallocated space to it.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
More Related Articles You May Like
- how to fix low disk space warning in windows 7 - how can you resolve the problem when windows 7 says low disk space warning...Read more >>
- windows 7 extend volume grayed out - solution for partition increasing when extend volume is grayed out on windows 7...Read more >>
- how to extend system partition c on windows 7 - what is the solution for system partition size increasing on windows 7...Read more >>
- free to increase size of partition on windows 7 - increasing size of system partition, data volume on windows 7 for free...Read more >>
- how to create a partition in windows 7 - free download partition magic for windows 7 to create new volumes on windows 7...Read more >>
- windows 7 local disk c is running out of space - fix issue when windows 7 reports that local disk drive c is running on low disk space...Read more >>
- how to delete a windows 7 partition - partition software download to delete volume on windows 7 without using disk management...Read more >>
- partition software for windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit system - partition manager free download to resize disk on windows 7 32 and 64 bit...Read more >>
- add unallocated space to system partition windows 7 - how do you add unallocated space to system partition when windows 7 runs low on c...Read more >>
- expand c drive windows 7 vmware - free to expand the size of system partition c drive in vmware on windows 7...Read more >>
- IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server - Partition space redistributing software that works for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and other editions.