In seldom situation, people would like to convert a NTFS partition to FAT32 because NTFS is usually considered as a better file system than FAT32. In most of time, more people are looking for solution for FAT32 to NTFS converting. However, it does no mean that you will never meet a situation in which you may want to convert NTFS to FAT32. This article will tell how to change NTFS to FAT32 file system on Windows 8.
In most cases, you do not need to convert NTFS to FAT32. However, you may want to convert NTFS to FAT32 on Windows 8 in following situations:
1. You want to backup system partition which has NTFS file system, but the backup software you use is only compatible with FAT32 file system.
2. The NTFS partition is not recognized by some devices such as Sony SP3, Xbox 360, etc. In this situation, you may want to convert NTFS to FAT2 file system in order to make it be recognized by the device which only supports FAT32 file system.
In addition to what mentioned above, you may want to change NTFS file system to FAT32 due to some other reasons. Then, how can you change NTFS partition to FAT32 on Windows 8 OS?
Do you feel difficult to change NTFS to FAT32 on Windows 8? In fact, there are several methods for Windows 8 users to convert a partition from NTFS to FAT32:
Method 1: You can reformat the NTFS partition so that you can convert it to FAT32 file system on Windows 8. This method usually erases all data, so it is necessary to move all important files to another drive before performing formatting. Otherwise, you have to use data recovery software to restore lost files after reformat.
Method 2: You can delete the NTFS partition so as to change it to an unallocated volume. Then, you can run Windows 8 Disk Management to create new partition with the unallocated space. When creating new partition, you will be asked to format the partition. So you can format it to FAT32 file system by creating new partition. This method is usually available when there is no option for FAT32 file system when you attempt to reformat a NTFS partition directly on Windows 8.
The two methods mentioned above are easy to handle, but both of them have some disadvantages:
1. You have to back up data in advance if you want to convert to FAT32 with either of methods above. Otherwise, you will lose all data from the NTFS partition.
2. You cannot reformat a NTFS partition to FAT32 file system when the NTFS partition is greater than 32GB.
3. You are unable to reformat a system partition to FAT32 file system because all Windows do not allow its users to reformat system partition unless you reinstall the operating system.
Now, there is a much easier way to convert NTFS to FAT32 without format or delete partition. All you need is to use a partition magic for partition converting on Windows 8. IM-Magic Partition Resizer is a partition tool for Windows, with which you can resize hard disk and convert disk partition to FAT32 without losing data.
Please do not turn off your computer in partition converting process in case of causing unexpected system crash or troubles.
For Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000 ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free
For Windows Server All versions ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server