If you want to resize the partitions on your hard disk or external hard drive, you can use the solutions at the article, I will introduce three ways here to help you resize your disk partitions.
With Windows Disk Management tool, you can extend your partitions easily, right-click “My Computer”, choose “Manage” option, enter “Disk Management”, find the disk partition, right-click to extend volume or shrink volume, but you can only extend the partition when there is some unallocated space.
Diskpart command prompt is another way to extend or shrink partitions on your Windows system computer. It is easy to perform and very effective.
Notice: Diskpart command prompt can probably cause some data loss problems on it, if you have needed data on it, you’d better make a backup first.
1. Run CMD by press “Win+R”, type “CMD” in the window.
2. Type “diskpart” in the window and press Enter.
3. Type “list volume” and enter.
4. Type “select volume X (X is the drive letter of your disk drive.) to go
5. Type “extend size=10240 (size stands for the capacity you will extend by and the unit is MB) and Enter, if you want to shrink your volume, you can type “shrink” to replace “extend”.
6. Type “exit” and you can finish.
Here I would like to recommend a reliable server partition manage tool for you, you can use it to better resize your disk partitions. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server, which is a 100% safe and wonderful program, which can help you to better manage your partitions for totally safely.
After installing it on your computer, you can see a list of partitions on your computer, then you can right click the partition to resize it.
Free to resize partition on Windows with partition tool
resize partition on Windows with partition tool
Since your computer is Windows server, you can download server edition on your computer, which has more professional functions and more effective for server system. You can free download here.