Why do you need to resize partition on Windows 10? In most case, you may want to reallocate disk space because there is not enough free space on system partition on Windows 10. This kind of problem usually occurs since you have stored too much data on the system partition or C drive has insufficient free space after upgrading system to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 / 7. If you want to redistribute disk space in Windows 10 for free, this page will share all possible free methods to reallocate Windows 10 hard disk space without repartitioning disk or losing any data.
You can rely on Windows built-in tool to redistribute disk space when system partition runs out of disk space:
1. You can open Windows 10 Disk Management to redistribute disk space. With this method, you do not need to delete or move any data. It allows you to add free space from another partition on the same hard disk to the system partition which runs on low disk space.
2. You can also run Diskpart command on Windows 10 to resize disk space without deleting any data. Diskpart command is another built-in tool in Windows 10, with which you can resize hard drive.
Problem you may meet with Windows 10 built-in tool
1. The Windows Disk Management is grayed out when you attempt to extend the volume size. You run into this situation usually because that the unallocated space is not contiguous to the system partition you want to extend.
2. Diskpart command prompt the selected drive cannot be extended. This problem usually occurs since Diskpart does not support to extend system partition or FAT32 partition.
If you fail to reallocate disk space with Windows 10 built-in Disk Management or Diskpart command, you can also resize hard drive without relying on any tool. What you can do is to repartition the hard disk.
1. You should backup all important data via another hard drive or external hard drive. Or you can also backup data through cloud storage media.
2. You can delete the partition on Windows 10 after opening Disk Management and then reallocate disk space.
3. Assign a new drive letter to each partition and format the partition to make it usable.
1. It is very important to backup data before repartitioning hard disk because it usually deletes all data after deleting the partition.
2. You had better not repartition hard disk if you do not know clearly how to repartition a hard drive because it is not so simple as you think.
Without any limitation, you can easily resize hard drive on Windows 10 with help of partition software. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free is a completely free partition manager that is able to work on all Windows operating system, so you can install it on Windows 10 computer when you need to resize hard drive to fix low disk space problem or other issues. With this free partition software, you are able to:
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free Edition
windows 2008 r2 expand size of c partition in vmware - how to increase size of system partition on windows 2008 r2 in vmware...Read more >>
windows 2008 r2 extend partition when there is no free space - resize hard disk to fix low disk space on windows server 2008 R2...Read more >>
how to delete partition on windows 10 with freeware - introduction of a freeware to delete partition on windows 10 pc...Read more >>
extend windows 10 system partition with free partition software - free downlaod partition software to increase of c drive on windows 10...Read more >>
freeware for windows 10 system partition c low disk space problem - freeware to fix low disk space problem on system pratition in widows 10...Read more >>