How to Shrink a Partition
- 1. locate the partition to shrink and right click it to go "Resize/Move"
- 2. shrink the drive when the mouse shows double arrows
- 3. done
Free Disk Space:
If you want to shrink a partition which has a lot of free space, you may use IM-Magic Partition Free, which is able to make a volume smaller without losing a file on the drive for free. Later, you may add the free unallocated space to another partition to get it extended without losing data too.
For Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012 ALL versions compatioble, please use IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server.
For Windows XP/Vista/7/8, please use IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free.
Steps to Shrink a Volume
Right click the partiton which you want to shrink, and go to "Resize/Move" option
At the "Resize/Move" screen, place your computer mouse to the edge of its partition. When the mouse shows <->, you may shrink it by narrowing its edge
Free disk space is the fresh air that you need to add it to another space to get expanded. The UNALLOCATED SPACE shall be right at the side of the partition you want to expand. You can make it by moving other partitions. (You may right click the partition to move by "Resize/Move" function too.)
Download Proper Version of IM-Magic Partition Resizer
For Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000 ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free
For Windows Server All versions ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to expand a volume without losing data - On this page, you will see a complete guide that shows how to get a partition extended...Read more >>
- SBS 2003 shows low disk space warning on system partition - system partition is running on low disk space, you should use partition manager software to... Read more >>
- resize system partition with partition magic - do you need partition magic to resize disk partition (like system partition or data partition) on windows sbs 2003... Read more >>
- windows 2003 extend partition unallocated space - if system partition doesn't have enough free disk space on windows server 2003, you don't need to panic... Read more >>
- Windows Server r2 low disk space on system partition - free download partition magic to resize system partition on windows server r2 when running on low space... Read more >>
- increase size of c drive windows server 2003 r2 - do you how can you increase size of c drive when it runs low disk space on windows server 2003 r2...Read more >>
- Convert MBR to GPT on Windows Server 2003 2008 2012 - you can convert mbr to gpt disk on windows server with a third-party disk converting tool...Read more >>
- how to extend c drive on server 2000 2003 2008 - you can extend c drive on server 200 2003 2008 2012 with a professional and useful partition software...Read more >>
- windows server 2003 c drive partition resizing - partition manager to extend c drive on windows server 2003 so that you can better manager the disk space...Read more >>
- Server 2003 resize ntfs partition - you can resize a ntfs partition on windows server 2003 with help of partition software, or you may use diskpart command...Read more >>