This piece will explain to us the several ways in which we can employ to monitor disk space on our window servers. The server space Management and reporting in a Windows conditions give details about the basic components of disks and capture growth systems, and dig into how to cope and maintain functionality within a Windows servers conditions successfully.
Disk space is the capacity of a computer system to hold information. Assuming your computer has a storage capacity of 400GB; it means your computer system can hold up to 400 gigabytes of data. Disk space can be Megabytes (MB), Kilobytes (KB) or Terabytes (TB).
However, to ensure the computer is always in good shape,and avoid low disk space problem, it is advisable always to monitor your disk space. Here are ways in which you can follow and manage your disk space on Windows servers:
1. Click on Start, point your arrow to Administrative Tools, and then click on analytics or Performance.
2. Enlarge the operation Logs and Alerts.
3. Click on new settings by right-clicking the alerts option.
4. Input a name for the alert in the new alert setting box (e.g., press disk space on my windows) and click OK.
The Alert Name dialog box opens, in which you setup settings for the alert that you just created.
5. Click on the General tab, then in the Comment box, input Monitors free disk space on a logical drive or my windows.
1. Add the add counters dialog box by clicking on Add.
2. Open your Select counters tab from your computer, then select your type of computer in the list.
3. Click Logical Disk in the performance object box tab.
4. Click Free Space after selecting counters.
5. Click the volume or logical drive you want to monitor after selecting the interface from the list.
6. To add the counter, click on Add, then click close.
7. To type the value that you want in the limit box, click under in the alert when the value is box.e.g when your disk space is under 2GB, you can trigger the alert message by typing 2000.
8. Ensure you specify the value you want or accept the average value of five seconds in the sample data interval, then click reply.
9. Specify the actions you want to perform when an alert occurs by clicking on the action tab.
10. Click Apply.
11. To monitor the start and stop parameters for the scan, click on the schedule tab and follow this:
1. Under the Start scan, do one of these:
• Click manually if you want to start the scan manually. Select click manually to initiate the scan, and then right-click the alert in the right pane.
• Click At to start the scan at specific time duration, and then assign the time duration that you want.
2. Under Stop scan, do one of these:
• Click manually if you want to stop the scan manually. Select click manually to initiate the scan, and then right-click the alert in the right pane.
• Click At to stop the scan at specific time duration, and then assign the time duration that you want.
• Specify the time duration to halt the scan by clicking on after.
• Click At to stop the scan at an exact time and date, and then fix the time and date that you want.
12. If you're going to initiate a new scan after the alert scan is complete, click after, and then select the Start a new scan check box by clicking on it.
13. Click OK.
However, if you think your storage isn’t up to what you need or you want other options to save your files. An external hard drive is an advisable option for you.
Additionally, we recommend you another option entirely, which can help you to resize the partitions easily
You can extend any partition without losing your data. All you have to do is to download IM-Magic partition resize for free. This software aid in expanding, moving and joining partitions together without destroying the data. It only needs some clicks from the user to configure the program, change the fences, partition territory and safeguard your files untouched. It has been tested, and it brought about 100% success rates in resizing.
Here are some reasons why you should try out our IM-Magic partition resizer:
a. Extension of the C system drive : this software aids in enlarging the boot system of your computer to save it from reformatting the disk, reinstalling OS and transporting data to other spaces.
b. Shrink/Extend: Extending your disk capacity size without letting go of any data is very possible with IM-Magic Partition Resizer server. You may reduce a large volume which carries too much free space without deleting it.
c. Absolutely Safe - this program won’t disrupt your data or partition and provides an absolute 100% safety for the total repartitioning even when your PC was shut down unknowingly during the resizing.
For more information on how our IM-Magic Partition Resizer server works, kindly get in touch with us through our website www.resize-c.com.