This page will tell the way to increase the size of disk partition in VMware when Windows PC built-in tool was unable to extend the partition.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server to increase the size of disk partition in VMware machine on Windows Server operating system.
Disk provisioning option greyed out when you want to increase the disk space in VMware? Cannot extend virtual disk partition since there is no free space on the virtual disk? If you want to extend disk partition in VMware, you can use professional partition software, with which you can extend disk partition, shrink disk partition and move partition in VMware on all Windows Servers such as Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, SBS 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 and more.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server for all Windows Server OS.
How to redistribute disk space in Windows Server 2003
Download, install and start IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server. Right click a partition that has lots of free space and go to "Resize/Move" option.
You can drag the mouse to move arrows so as to shrink the selected partition. Then, you can see some free space, which will shows as unallocated space.
Shrink other large partition to produce free space for C drive
You need to move the unallocated space close to the partition you need to extend and right click this partition and select "Resize/Move".
Right click c drive to get started with extending c
Move the arrows to add the unallocated space to the partition and then click "Apply" button.
Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server Edition
"I have Virtual machine on my PC that runs Windows Server 2003 operating system. Recently I have run out of disk space on C drive in the Virtual disk and need to increase it. Does anybody encounter the similar problem? Can you please tell me how to extend the C drive in Vmware on Windows Server 2003?"
"The virtual disk is running out of disk space on system partition on Windows Server 2008, and I want to resize the virtual disk. How is it possible to resize virtual disk without losing any data? I will appreciate it very much if you can give me any clue."
It will be easy to extend disk partition in VMware as long as there is free space on other partitions on the same virtual disk. You just need to run IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server to shrink other partitions to squeeze some unallocated space and then add the unallocated space to the partition which is running out of space. IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server is available for disk partition resizing when you encounter the following problem:
* System partition is running out of disk space in VMware on Windows Server 2003
* C drive runs on low disk space on Windows SBS 2003 VMware
* Virtual disk partition is lacking of free space on Windows Server 2008
* Other Windows Servers like Server 2003 R2, 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, etc shows low disk space on virtual disk partition
As mentioned above, problem can be resolved easily by using IM-Magic Partition Resizer when you want to extend disk partition on Virtual disk if there is free space on other partitions. However, it will be a little more complex if there is no other partition or no free space on other partitions. You will need to increase the virtual disk size before resizing partition. In order to extend a virtual disk, you need to right click the virtual machine and choose "Editing Settings" option to open "Virtual Machine Properties" dialog box, and then you can increase the disk.
It will be fine if you can increase the disk size successfully after opening the "Virtual Machine Properties" dialog box. However, you may meet a problem that the Disk Provisioned Size is greyed out.
One possible reason for this problem is that the virtual machine has snapshots, so you just need to delete the snapshots and then you will be able to edit the Disk Provisioned Size.
1. Unallocated space is always needed in order to resize the disk partition, so you should ensure that there is free space on other partitions on the same virtual disk.
2. You can run Disk Management on Windows Server 2008 to extend or shrink a partition, but Disk Management cannot move a partition.
3. You can run Diskpart command on Server 2003 and some other Windows Servers to extend a partition, but it cannot extend a system partition or FAT32 partition.
4. If you use IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server to increase disk partition, you don’t need to worry about data loss or system crash because it provides completely safe solution or partition resizing.
For Windows Server all versions ==> Download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Server